North American market
ACCESS THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET WITH THE NRTL LISTED MARK
THE COMPLIANCE MARK
Compliance with safety requirements is mandatory to sell your electrical or electronic products in the North American market.
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, an independent certification body, allows you to obtain an NRTL certification mark recognized in the United States and Canada.
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services USA, through its Curtis Straus entity located in Littleton, is accredited in the United States by OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) as NRTL (Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory) and in Canada by SCC (Standard Council of Canada) as a certification body.
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services USA issues the mark.
OUR COVERED AREAS
The mark can be issued to devices falling within the scope of the following standards:
Audio / Video Equipment
- UL 60065
- UL 62368 CAN / CSA C22.2 No. 60065
- CAN / CSA C22.2 No. 62368
Computer equipment – office equipment, computers, etc.
- UL 60950
- CAN / CSA C22.2 No. 60950
Medical equipment – including consumer equipment for home use
- CSA C22.2 No. 60601
Small appliances – toasters, coffee makers, fans, razors, etc.
- CSA C22.2 N0.64-10
Test, measurement and laboratory equipment
- UL 61010
- CAN / CSA C22.2 No. 61010
Source of electrical current / Power supplies
- UL 1310
- UL 1012
- CAN / CSA-C22.2 No. 223
- CSA-C22.2 No. 107.1
For other American and Canadian standards, we also offer NRTL marks through our partnerships with other laboratories.
- UL 508A and CSA C22.2 No. 286 (Control boxes and cabinets)
- 5UL 2011, CSA C22.2 No. 301, NFPA 79 (industrial machinery and equipment)
- SPE-1000 (inspection of electrical equipment)
The different stages are as follows:
- LCIE Bureau Veritas evaluates and tests devices according to the electrical safety requirements of international standards set under the OC scheme, which includes North American deviations. The OC Scheme is an international program for the exchange and approval of safety test results between participating laboratories and certification bodies around the world. Note: When possible (UL or CSA standard resulting from an international standard issued by IECEE), the analysis can also be performed under the OC diagram, thereby allowing your products to claim multiple certifications of national security around the world (the OC scheme is an international program for the exchange and approval of safety test results between participating laboratories and certification bodies around the world).
- Bureau Veritas performs an initial audit of the production site(s).
- The creation of the certification application file is performed by LCIE Bureau Veritas then reviewed by our NRTL, Bureau Veritas CPS Littleton. After this assessment, the authorization to place the mark will be issued within two weeks.
- Bureau Veritas performs follow-up audits of the production site(s). At least two annual inspections are carried out.
WHY CHOOSE THE MARK?
A recognized mark: The mark is recognized on the market by a large number of distributors.
A guarantee of quality and safety for your products: The mark is recognized by most authorities with jurisdiction (AHJ).
Simplified commercialization in North America: One of the most attractive NRTL marks in terms of cost and time.
It’s easy to obtain other national or international certifications through your North American certification.
A local and single point of contact to obtain the necessary certifications for commercialization.