Automotive homologation services
LCIE Bureau Veritas accompanies you from the development phases to the reception thanks to a personalised management of your project.
Type approval can be granted.
We support you in carrying out the tests specified for delivery and provide the technical and administrative documents to the authorities for the official signing of certificates.
- Vehicles of category L – Type Approval: relating to the approval and monitoring of two or three-wheeled vehicles and quadrycycles, in accordance with the framework regulation (EU) n°168/2013.
- Vehicles of category M, N, O – Type Approval: relating to the type-approval and market surveillance of motor vehicles, as well as systems, components and separate technical units. Reference regulatory framework: 2007/46 / EC – EU Regulation 2018/858 and its possible amendments.
- Vehicules of category T, C, S – Type Approval: relating to the approval and market surveillance of agricultural and forestry vehicles in accordance with the framework regulation (EU) n° 167/2013.
- System – Type Approval: Approval and market surveillance of systems in accordance with all EU and/or UNECE regulations.
- Components – Type Approval: Type approval and market surveillance of components and separate technical units, according to all EU and/or UNECE regulations, EU and UNECE, also available for India, Tawain and China (CCC).
- COP – Product Conformity Assessment and Verification of Conformity: Regular assessment and monitoring of the manufacturer’s procedures for controlling the conformity of production.
- COP – Surveillance Inspection: Supervision or performance of tests and/or inspections for monitoring the conformity of production.
Manufacturers, Importers, Distributors are responsible for ensuring that their equipment is safely designed, built and maintained in order to guarantee public safety.
EUROPEAN APPROVAL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC SUB-ASSEMBLIES
SEEEs permanently attached to vehicules and connected to its harness via the CAN-Bus, must be approved according to ECE R10 regulations.
The Geneva Regulation of 1958 defines the Technical Services authorised to carry out the tests for each country as well as the administrative entities signing the approval forms.
LCIE Bureau Veritas is recognised as a Technical Service and is today able to issue approvals by dealing directly with the services of the administrations concerned to
- France (E2)
- the Netherlands (E4)
- Cyprus (E49)
Model approval regime for systems/components :
Tests according to UNECE Regulation R10
UN-R10 tests for specific approval requirements, including UN-R13H, UN-R46, UN-R79 and UN-R89 for commodities; UN-R110 for special vehicles; UN-R116 for anti-theft and alarm systems; UN-R130, UN-R131, UN-R140, UN-R141 and UN-R144 for advanced security; etc…
UN-R3, R4, R6, R7, R148, R149, R150
Discover our offer: Automotive Type Approval Services